Friday, March 4, 2011

Dreamy Dresses

I adore fantasy movies and movies in which the setting is anywhere from the 1600s to the 1800s. One thing that makes me adore them is the dresses the women wear. The designs are often ladylike, whimsical, flowy, and even romantic. Skinny jeans, leather jackets, and beach dresses are fun and fashionable, and I do like wearing them. But I still think that capes, draped dresses, velvety riding jackets, etc. are definitely beautiful and lovely. Often I imagine myself wearing such things. Sometimes I will dance around my bedroom swishing my imaginary long silky skirts or descend the stairs lifting my imaginary gown from beneath my feet. And I wonder, wouldn't it be awesome if I could live life in the old English or fantastical world for even just one day? I know that I was born in just the right decade and year, and I would never want to leave my family or my life. But just one day? If someone ever gave me that chance I would snatch it up immediately.



Buttercup from Princess Bride (love that movie!) is so gorgeous here! I would die for a dress like this. I love the flowy feel of it and the gold structure of the gems on her dress. Even the headpiece is majestic!



Here she is again! This color is perfect for her blond hair. It is so dramatic and I love how it flows in the wind when she is riding her horse in the movie. The belt is amazingly beautiful, and again the headpiece is so pretty! This dress on Alice from Alice in Wonderland is bold and very whimsical. Plus it's very dramatic! The skirt and one shoulder sleeve thingy are so creative!












Lord of the Rings has some of the best costumes ever! Liv Tyler is stunning as Arwen! I especially like this dress because of the combination of the velvety blue (matches Liv's pure blue eyes) and moonshine silver. My favorite parts of the dress are the neckline embroidery and the silvery sleeves. They are just so wonderful, I could stare and drool over them for hours! Pirates of the Caribbean is another movie with amazing outfits! This dress is just so pretty!
Keira Knightley is gorgeous and her dress just makes her look even prettier! The front seems lacy and the gathering on the sleeves is perfect. Oh man, I am dying to wear dresses like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment